Saturday, August 14, 2010

Joker - How I Sun Tzu'd Mini Mayor



Has Mini Mayor been talking about Sun Tzu? You know where he heard that first? Yep. Yours truly. I think it was over lunch (that the city paid for) in '07, but it could have been '08. Problem is Mini Mayor doesn't practice The Art of War very well. I should know. I'm a Sun Tzu Black Belt. Here are some excerpts from a book that I have and commentary by yours truly.

Sun Tzu Art of War is all about strategy of tactical positioning leading to triumph, whether in negotiation or in war. The negotiator believes in extensive analysis of the situation before engaging in any challenge and calculations before entering the battleground. In other words, winning without fighting and bending the opponent by strategy.

I'd say I bent Mini Mayor over pretty good.



The victorious negotiator plans for victory before fighting, the vanquished negotiator fights before planning for victory.
That's Mini Mayor. Ready. Fire. Aim.



For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

All Mini Mayor knows how to do is fight. He is incapable of working with others.


What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.
Did I ever set foot in court? Did anybody from Cleco ever set foot in the Alexandria council chamber? I didn't have to thanks to my Sun Tzu Black Belt.



What is essential in war is victory, not prolonged operations.
How long did Mini Mayor fight that losing battle? We could have settled a long time ago. Just ask John Sharp.


Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
Soundlessness? Mini Mayor? LOL!